Early arcade games didn’t offer jaw dropping photorealistic graphics, high fidelity surround sound, or immersive storylines containing characters voiced by Hollywood stars. Yet many of us whiled away hour after hour playing these addictive monochrome masterpieces. Why?
Because of something called game mechanics; the techniques used to keep people coming back again and again. Use these approaches in your elearning and you’re playing gamification right.
So, what are these techniques and what do they look like within an elearning environment? We have designed some highly successful games for clients, including one for McDonald’s, which just recently won Best Learning Game at the Elearning Age Awards. Join Paul Welch, Head of Learning Technology Innovation, in a free Learning and Skills Group webinar as he shares:
- What really works in gaming?
- The 5 key things that matter in corporate game design
- How to use competition and reward to better engage learners
- Post-implementation – How do you get learners to play?
- The future of gaming in the corporate business world
Spaces for the webinar are limited. Find out more and register to attend through the LSG website.