Great people are the heart and soul of City & Guilds Kineo. And we're always looking for great people.Are you the next City & Guilds Kineo Person?
Find out more about what it's like to work for City & Guilds Kineo, or check out our current vacancies below.
The jobs listed below are UK-based roles, and suitable only for those eligible to work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We're seeking a Solutions Architect to join our Learning Platforms Division and work in a project based environment, figuring out how best to customise and configure Totara, Moodle, Drupal and other open source products to meet our client requirements.
On a day to day basis you’ll:
- Provide functional and technical expertise on proposals
- Work closely with clients to understand and analyse their functional and technical requirements, through discussions, system walk-throughs and documentation
- Design solutions to meet these requirements, through a combination of existing functionality and customisations
- Create functional specifications and configuration documents, including site architecture, role profiles, contextual diagrams, user journeys and mock-ups
- Support a portfolio of projects from inception to completion
To be successful in your application, you should have the following:
- Excellent client facing skills
- Ability to lead functional and technical design meetings/workshops
- Requirements capture and business analysis
- Solution/application design and problem solving
- UI design/wireframing
- Write clear, concise and effective documentation
- Learn new technologies and techniques quickly
- Highly-motivated, well-organised, articulate and persuasive when under pressure
It is also desirable that you have the following knowledge and experience:
- Formal and informal learning technologies
- Website design and development
- An understanding of HR functions such as training and development and performance management
- Experience with Moodle, other Learning Management Systems or Open Source Products such as Drupal
- Although this is not a programming role, development experience would be very beneficial in order to understand the impact of functional designs on development
- Consulting experience, ideally with corporate clients
To apply: Please send a CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including details of your salary expectations.
Closing date: 2nd January 2014.
We will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis, so please don't wait until the closing date to apply.
Great people are the heart and soul of City & Guilds Kineo. As a growing company, we are looking for first-class web developers to join our Learning Platforms division. Our core business involves customising Moodle and Totara Learning Management Systems (LMS), creating learning portals using Open Source CMS platforms, and working with a variety of supporting technologies to meet our clients' requirements.
Skills Range:Essential Skills
- Solid OO programming and modelling in at least one (preferably Open Source) back-end language (e.g. PHP, Python, Java)
- Solid SQL (including query optimization) and database design on at least one (preferably Open Source) RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Competent CSS
- Awareness of architectural patterns (e.g. MVC) to achieve a separation of concerns in a web app
- Test-driven development (or Behaviour-driven development)
- jQuery or another DOM manipulation library or framework
- a modern PHP or Python full-stack framework (e.g. Symfony, Django)
- a modern PHP or Python micro framework (e.g. Silex, Flask)
- RESTful JSON APIs and web services
- at least one Open Source CMS
To apply: Please send a CV and covering email to email@example.com, including details of your salary expectations.We will be reviewing applications and setting up interviews on an ongoing basis, so please don't wait until the closing date to apply. Strictly no agencies.
Ongoing recruitmentAs a growing company, we also have ongoing recruitment for a number of roles in addition to the vacancies detailed above.If you still can't see a role that you're looking for, but feel like we'd make a perfect match, email us a CV and covering letter detailing why you think that's the case and if we agree, we'll be in touch to discuss your application further.
The Solutions Consultant role is the key to City & Guilds Kineo’s successful relationships with clients, because our client relationships start with you.
You’ll be the person who goes to see our existing and prospective clients, to understand their challenges and goals. You’ll put the ideas together for how we can partner to meet those challenges and then you’ll present the proposed solution to win the opportunity to make it our next new project. You’ll work with our production teams to ensure they’re involved during the process – and you’ll stay involved to ensure successful delivery to our client’s objectives.
It’s a sales role - you will have a target, and you’ll be well rewarded for achieving it and going beyond it. But we don’t want just ‘traditional salespeople’. We want people who are passionate about learning and technology, and who ideally have first-hand experience of designing, developing, managing and implementing solutions.
You’ll be great at communicating, both in proposals and pitches, and at tradeshows and marketing events. Ideally you will know the elearning and/or the LMS industry well, and will build relationships within it. You’ll be competitive and be thrilled by winning new opportunities to work with our clients. You’ll be great at building relationships with clients and making them feel loved.
Is that you? Then we want you to join the leading elearning company - and take us, and our clients, to further success.
To apply: Please send your CV, covering email and two examples of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the writing, ideally these will be proposals (or extracts from proposals) for elearning/LMS services that you’ve written. They could be internal proposals or documents that make a business case / call for action or investment. If you don’t have anything along those lines, then please provide an alternative example of persuasive writing/presentation material that you have developed.
We have on-going recruitment for this role and we'll be in touch to arrange an interview if you're application is successful.
No agencies please.
We’re always interested in meeting great learning/instructional designers, to work with our growing elearning team, in Brighton, London, or Sheffield.
- You’ll work consultatively with clients, our sales team, and the e-learning team
- Precise duties and responsibilities will vary according to your experience and particular role but include scoping content, designing treatments, and scriptwriting
- At least 1 year's experience of e-learning design or development required
- Strong communication skills essential
If you’re interested in permanent or freelance opportunities as a Lead Learning Designer, Learning Designer, or e-learning scriptwriter, please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
No agencies please.