Monday, 3 December, 2012 – City & Guilds is pleased to announce it has acquired Kineo, a leading global learning and technology company, with the aim of creating the leading workplace learning company.
Employers will now be able to benefit from Kineo’s innovative learning technology coupled with City & Guilds’ industry-leading quality assurance and qualifications. Kineo will continue to operate under the same brand, as part of the City & Guilds Group.
City & Guilds has also acquired Kineo’s share of Totara LMS, a custom version of Moodle for businesses.
Chris Jones, CEO and Director General of City & Guilds, said: "We’re thrilled to welcome Kineo into the City & Guilds Group. Like Kineo, we believe in the power of technology to help businesses keep learning, sharing knowledge, and performing at their best. Together we aim to create the leading workplace learning company, as we believe a skilled workforce is the essential ingredient for economic growth."
Steve Rayson, Managing Director of Kineo commented: "This is a terrific next step in the growth of Kineo. From the beginning, we’ve aimed to help transform performance through learning with great design and innovative technology."
"We’re proud to become part of an organisation with such an important purpose: ‘To enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth’. Together I’m convinced we will transform learning in the workplace."
City & Guilds and Kineo will be able to offer a rich range of learning services to help employers drive business performance by:
- securing their talent pipeline, reducing staff turnover
- remaining compliant
- up-skilling staff to stay ahead of changing industry needs
- improving productivity
- reducing costs
The combined services will include:
- training consultancy
- blended learning development and delivery – online learning platforms and mobile devices
- accreditation and assessment, including City & Guilds and ILM qualifications
Rayson continued: "This is a huge step forward in extending our services to employers. We’ll be able to do even more to help them succeed with our enhanced range of services, scale of delivery and global reach – supporting their people development strategies, and helping drive their business performance."
– Notes to Editors –
For more information
Visit City & Guilds and Kineo at the Learning Technologies show. To arrange a meeting at the show, and learn more about what the future holds for Kineo - a City & Guilds Business, please contact email@example.com.
For press enquiries please contact the City & Guilds PR team:
Telephone: +44 (0) 207 294 8054
About City & Guilds
- City & Guilds is the UK's leading vocational education organisation. Around 1.9 million people are currently working towards a City & Guilds qualification.
- The City & Guilds Group operates from three major hubs: London (servicing Europe, the Caribbean and Americas), Johannesburg (servicing Africa), and Singapore (servicing Asia, Australia and New Zealand).
- The City & Guilds Group comprises the Institute of Leadership & Management (management and leadership qualifications), City & Guilds Land Based Services (land based qualifications) and the Centre for Skills Development (a not for profit research and development body that works to improve the policy and practice of vocational education and training worldwide).
- City & Guilds, unlike many other awarding bodies, is a charity and any surplus made through its work is reinvested into education or used for student support programmes.
Kineo is a leading global learning and technology company. Kineo designs and delivers learning solutions including consultancy, online learning platforms and custom elearning development. Kineo has offices in Europe, the US and Asia/Pacific.