City & Guilds has a long established track record of delivering apprenticeships to the UK’s leading businesses. It’s a proven route to attracting, retaining and developing workplace talent.
National Apprenticeship Week from March 11-15 will show what’s possible with apprenticeships. City & Guilds, and leading elearning company Kineo (now part of the City & Guilds Group) will be supporting National Apprenticeship Week with a range of activities.
Apprenticeships are structured, work based training programmes that develop the skills and experience of employees and provide qualifications in a range of fields. They offer a practical solution for recruiting, retaining and developing motivated employees.
Apprenticeships deliver clear benefits to the employer and the apprentice:
- 88% of employers believe apprenticeships contribute to a more satisfied workforce
- 80% believe that apprentices reduce staff turnover
- 89% of employers view apprentices as key to their future
- 76% agree that apprentices boost productivity
March 11-15th will mark the sixth annual National Apprenticeship Week in the UK. Kineo and City & Guilds are supporting the programme with a range of activities:
- Case studies of how apprenticeships deliver benefits
- Tips for making apprenticeships work – we’ll be delivering a tip a day during Apprenticeship week
- Webinar with clients including Tesco, TUI and London Underground on the success of apprenticeships in their organisation, on March 14th at 2.30pm
City & Guilds in the UK launched the Million Extra campaign in Apprenticeship Week 2011. Million Extra is City & Guilds commitment to help a million extra apprenticeship starts by summer 2013. Find out more here: http://www.million-extra.co.uk/.
City & Guilds and Kineo offer the widest choice of apprenticeships, from specific sector apprenticeships in industries such as retail, hospitality and transport, through to disciplines such as business administration and customer service.
See what some of the biggest businesses in the UK have said about the benefits of apprenticeships in our City & Guilds guide, developed with Business in the Community.
Get in touch to find out more about National Apprenticeship Week and how we can support you - firstname.lastname@example.org.