We’re big fans of apprenticeships around here and big fans of awards (did we mention we recently did the treble?) so the annual National Apprenticeships Awards is an initiative we can really get behind. And with National Apprenticeship Week just around the corner, now is the perfect time to consider who might be deserving of these awards.
They are run by the good folk at the National Apprenticeship Service, and are now in their 11th year, seeking to recognise England’s top apprenticeship employers and apprentices. There are several categories and entries are now open for the following employer categories:
- Small employer of the year (1 – 24 employees)
- Medium employer of the year (25 – 249 employees)
- Large employer of the year (250 – 4,999 employees)
- Macro employer of the year (5,000+ employees)
- Newcomer SME of & the year (up to 249 employees)
- Newcomer large employer of the year (250+ employees)
The best of the best will not only be recognised with an award but will also feature in the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list which is published in partnership with us at City & Guilds later this year.
The apprenticeship categories include:
- Intermediate apprentice of the year
- Advance apprentice of the year
- Higher apprentice of the year
- The City & Guilds apprenticeship champion of the year
We obviously have particular pride in supporting the champion of the year award which is open to former apprentices who have made exceptional achievements since their completion and go above and beyond to champion apprenticeships.
Entries close on Friday 28 March with regional stage winners announced in September and the final awards being presented at The Skills Show in November 2014. Find out more and apply now here or speak to your City & Guilds Kineo Account Manager for more details and support with your entry.