Issue 88 – January 2013
Contents this month:
- Learning Technologies 2013: We’re on stand 64, and doing lots more..
- Learning Tech Top Tips: Making the most of the show
- Your 2013 Learning Resolutions: a to-do list – and a winner...
- Top Tip: Are you in the flow?
- Market Update: Shifts in the learning market
- Now Recruiting: we’re ambitious and growing – are you one of us?
- Kineo Events: ASTD Tech Knowledge in San Jose, Israeli Learning Conference, Webinars
So we’re 23 days through January. How’s your 2013 going? Decided how you’re going to improve learning and performance in your business this year? Made a resolution for learning? What have you been doing?
Alright, so maybe a simple happy new year would be a nicer intro – but you know, we like to get on with things, so let’s get to it...
January = Learning Technologies in London. We’ll be there at Stand 64 with our new colleagues from City & Guilds, following our joining the group last month. Lots to see and do and talk about..
We’re also at ASTD Tech Knowledge in San Jose – US friends, see you there. And if London’s under snow, we’ll all charter a plane...
Both shows, and January, should be about making plans and lists. We’ve got help for you with tips for making the most of these shows, and learning resolutions.
And if you’re looking to make a bigger change in 2013: Maybe you, or someone you know, is ready to join us at Kineo? We’ve got big growth plans and need great Kineo people.
Lots more coming at you – we have a good feeling about this year already...
***Dates for your diary***
Conferences and shows
- Learning Technologies: 29-30 January, 2013, London
- ASTD TechKnowledge: 30 Jan - 1 Feb, San Jose (CA)
- Israeli Learning Conference: 4-5 Feb, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Totara 2.2 Demos (via Totara)
- US Webinar: Making Compliance learning more effective: 7 Feb 1130 CST/ 1730 GMT
Join the E-learning Professionals Group on LinkedIn: Over 6,300 of your fellow e-learning professionals are already sharing here. Ask questions, get help – find out what’s really going on in e-learning…
1. Learning Technologies 2013: A week to go, your brief for the show
Just a few more sleeps until 29th and 30th Jan – we can’t wait to get back to London Olympia for the biggest Learning Technologies show in Europe. We are headline sponsors again and we’ll be back on Stand 64 – bigger this year as we have our new colleagues from City & Guilds joining us too. As always, we’ve got lots going on:
- Drop by stand 64 to pick up a copy of our Learning Insights Report, which sets out 10 key trends for learning technologies
- See our latest developments in action, including our new approach to responsive multi-device design and Totara LMS latest advances
- Come to our free seminar sessions on our Portal and e-learning work for City & Guilds, and Responsive E-learning Design for multi-devices
- Hear about our work with City & Guilds as part of the conference
- Win an iPad mini at our stand
- Take time out from the conference/exhibition floor, by booking a slot with us in our Green Room (do you get it?), for chat, a rest and a cup of something (probably tea or coffee. But who knows).
Find out more here.
Get ready for the show...
Book your tickets for the exhibition here (it's free).
Visit our Learning Technologies page for seminar times, iPad mini competition details and more
Make a date: We can arrange a time to meet on the stand, or of you’d like us to hold some time in the Green room for a catch up, just get in touch at email@example.com.
2. Learning Technologies Top tips: Making the most of it
So, how do you make the most of a vast show like Learning Technologies? You could take a show guide (sponsored by Kineo of course) and just wander. But you might have an even better show if you do a tiny bit of planning. Here’s our Learning Technologies top tips special, to help you make it a useful show for you.
Going to BETT? Guess what – these principles work for that show too (and you can meet our City & Guilds colleagues there too).
3. Your 2013 Learning Resolutions: a to-do list – and a winner...
We know you love to-do lists. Especially when they’re not yours. We put a 2013 Learning Technologies to-do list at the end of our recent Insights Report (missed it? It’s here). Various of you suggested adding to it. No, we said (very unlike us) – why don’t you add to it and share your 2013 new learning resolution? We’ll make it worth your while and throw in a conference pass to Learning Technologies for the best one. And you did. So here they are. And congrats to the winner...who is...go on, click the link...
Got an even better resolution to share? Join the E-learning Professionals Group where people shared these ones – over 6,300 learning professionals waiting to dedicate their lives to helping with your specific problem.
4. Top tip: Are you in the flow?
At the heart of many great learning experiences is a story. Being able to weave a narrative is a key part of the learning designer’s toolkit. Do the stories in your learning designs flow properly? Here are four ways to get your flow on.
Get all of our top tips here.
Or let them come to you via our Top Tips app.
5. Market update: Shifts in the learning market
We take a look at some of the shifts, consolidations and acquisitions in the market - including our own. What drives the change – ambition, necessity or both? (clue: it’s both).
Get this month’s insights here.
6. Now recruiting: we’re ambitious and growing – join Kineo
Speaking of ambition: That’s what we do. As part of a much bigger global group, we’ve got some major growth plans for 2013. That means more great Kineo people. So at Learning Technologies we’re launching our Kineo people recruitment campaign.
Why join us?
Work on high profile projects for the world’s biggest brands including Vodafone, Starbucks, M&S, Nikon and Sony
- An award-winning employee benefits offer to support your wealth, health and wellbeing. This includes a defined benefit pension scheme, private medical cover, income protection, and much more
- Fantastic career opportunities across Kineo and the City & Guilds Group in the UK and in over 80 countries, and a commitment to invest in and develop you - as you’d expect from an organisation that’s been focused on people development for over 100 years
- A great working atmosphere in a friendly and supportive team, on challenging and interesting projects, and the freedom to innovate and think creatively – with offices in the heart of Brighton, London, Sheffield – and beyond...
We’re hiring in multiple roles in design, technical, support, project management and sales– come and find out more here.
Or Join us at Learning Technologies and ask to see our recruitment team on the stand.
Make a great change in 2013 – become a Kineo person.
7. Kineo Events: ASTD Tech Knowledge, US Compliance Training webinar, Israeli Learning Conference
Apart from Learning Technologies (did we mention it? Next week. 29th and 30th. London) we’re also in sunnier places and on webinars over the next few weeks:
ASTD Tech Knowledge: San Jose Jan 30th and Feb 1st
Our US team will be in full force at ASTD Tech Knowledge 2013. This year it’s San Jose, Jan 30th and Feb 1st. Find out what we’re up to here.
US Webinar: Making compliance training work - Feb 7th 1130 CST / 1730 GMT
Is your compliance training connecting with employees? Is your content relevant and engaging? Are you having the impact you need and getting the results you're seeking?
Or could your training benefit from a dose of inspiration and a splash of that special something to keep your audience paying attention? If so, you're not alone. According to LRN’s 2011-12 Ethics & Compliance Leadership Survey Report, 59% of respondents identify “Online Education Fatigue” as their top challenge. That's a lot of sleeping learners! Join Kineo for a free webinar on February 7, 2013 at 11:30 CST in which we’ll share best practices in compliance training from around the world, and share 10 tips to make yours more effective.
Israeli Learning Conference: Feb 4th and 5th in Tel Aviv
Now in its 20th year, come and join us at the biggest conference on L&D in Israel. Lots of great speakers and conference buzz,and members of our Kineo team will chair and guest speak at the conference on our recent insights report - find out more at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don't miss another edition
Subscribe to our newsletter using the form below.