Issue 84 – September 2012
Contents this month:
- RED – Responsive E-learning Design for a multi-device world: Find out more, join the webinar!
- E-learning Awards nominations: Magnificent Seven for Kineo
- Top tip and Webinar: Interactive e-learning: meaning what, exactly?
- Market update: Seven year review - and insight report reminder
- Kineo updates: In the community, in the media, at an event near you…
- E-learning market update
- Totara insights: Adding social learning functionality with Totara Social
- Kineo Pacific reviews: LearnX and Kineo Jazz reviews, HRIZON preview
- Introducing Kineo in 2 minutes
September – it’s that month for change, reflection, renewal (and for e-learning – like the other 11 months). We’re approaching e-learning afresh month with our new RED approach for delivering learning to multiple devices. It’s going to change a lot of things. We’re very excited about showing it to you in our webinar this week.
September used to be the seventh month (this was before any of us were born apparently). It’s seven years next month since we started Kineo – in this month’s we look at what’s happened to the e-learning world in that time. We’re also thrilled to note we’ve been shortlisted for seven E-learning Awards this month – a record shortlisting for our clients and our teams, we’re delighted!
Plenty more in our top tips, webinars and updates this month – enjoy it all.
Dates for your diary
Conferences and shows
- Hrizon – 14th World Human Resource Congress: 26-27 September, Melbourne, Australia
- Learning 3.0 Conference: 4-5 October, Chicago, IL
- ASTD Boston: 9 October, Boston, MA
- DevLearn 2012: 31 Oct-2 Nov, Las Vegas, NV
- E-learning Awards: 8 November, London, UK
- Learning Technologies: 29/30 January 2013, London, UK
- RED: Responsive E-learning Design for a multi-device world: 20 September, 2pm UK/9am EST
- Parlez-Vous Instructional Design? – 27 September, 4.30 UK/10.30am CT
- Totara demos
Visit the Kineo Events page and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more and to arrange to meet us at any of the upcoming events.
Join the E-learning Professionals Group on LinkedIn: Over 5,000 of your fellow e-learning professionals are already sharing here. Ask questions, get help - find out what's really going on in e-learning...
1. Responsive e-learning design for a multi-device world: Find our more, join the webinar
Is your job to figure out how to deliver the same e-learning to desktop, tablet and smartphone? If it isn’t now, it will be very soon. It’s been a bit complex up to now. But things are going to get simpler – and better.
Last month in our market update, we previewed the concept of responsive e-learning design (RED). We’ve worked hard to keep it very simple: instead of developing multiple apps, flash and html versions that are different for each device, we think you should have one version of your e-learning that works everywhere. And now you can.
Join us as we launch the RED approach and show some real examples in a webinar with Learning and Skills Group: Thursday at 2pm UK/9am EST.
2. E-learning Awards nominations: magnificent seven for Kineo
The E-learning Awards shortlists are out: we’re delighted to have been nominated with our clients for no less than seven awards this year:
- Excellence in the production of learning content - private sector (with Nikon)
- Best use of e-learning to ensure compliance with external regulations or internal policies (with Warner Bros.)
- Best learning game, simulation or virtual environment (with McDonald’s)
- Best online distance learning programme (with The Co-operative)
- Best use of social media for learning (with EmbanetCompass)
- Excellence in the production of learning content - not for profit sector (with Whizz-Kidz)
- Best e-learning project – private sector (with Nikon)
The winners will announced at the always glittering E-Learning Awards Gala Evening in London, on 8th November.
It’s a strong field as always– the industry is in great shape. Good luck to everyone. Especially us…
3. Top tip and Webinar: Interactive e-learning: meaning what, exactly?
So, your e-learning. Is it interactive? It is? Great. What does that mean, exactly? This month we answer with a top tip and a webinar recording on what the ‘i’ word really means from Cammy Bean, our US Vice President for ensuring interactivity. That’s not her real title. But it may as well be.
Find the rest of our top tips.
4. Market update: Seven years of e-learning market - and insight report reminder
Kineo was launched seven years ago next month. We’ve been in a reflective mood and looking back at the market since we got started. There have been many changes in the market over that time including lots of consolidation and acquisitions, and new trends emerging.
Scratch that seven year itch right here.
A deeper look: Insight report with E-learning Age, launching November 8th
We’ve been working with the team at E-learning Age and L&D leaders to create a comprehensive report on the state of the learning industry in 2012. We’re looking forward to launching it at the E-learning Age Awards – come along, get your copy – and join us at a webinar and live event discussing the findings in November, details coming soon.
5. Kineo updates: In the community, in the media, at an event near you…
We’ve been out and about, and in the media this month. And we’re just getting started on the roadshow…
In the community
We like to get out of our online communities and into the real one to lend our support. Our most recent community giving project was at the Moulsecoomb Forest Garden and Wildlife Project. They’re doing amazing things and we were delighted to give some time and support. Find out more.
In the media
We’ve had a range of profile pieces on Kineo’s people and work recently, including the BBC, The Guardian, E-learning Age and The Irish Times. Read and see the latest in our new media section here.
At an event near you
Event season is coming at us. And we’re coming your way, wherever you are:
- 14th World Human Resource Conference (Melbourne, Australia)
- World of Learning (Birmingham, UK)
- Learning 3.0 Conference (Chicago, US)
- Devlearn (US)
- ASTD Boston Conference (US)
- Learning Technologies (UK)
Visit the Kineo Events page for further details and our full events schedule.
We’re looking for passionate, creative, enthusiastic people to join us as:
- Solutions consultants (sales role)
- Senior project managers
- Project Managers (Sheffield)
- HR manager
- Flash-based graphic designers
- E-learning Project Managers
- E-learning designers
- Front-end developers
- PHP developers
- Software testers
- Support Engineers
View all Kineo vacancies here. No agencies please.
Totara insights: Adding social learning functionality with Totara Social
With well over 100 clients now, Totara LMS, the open source LMS for enterprise, is powering more and more of the world’s leading businesses and institutions, including Sony Europe, Tesco and Michelin China. And it continues to grow…
This month we look at adding social learning functionality through the Totara Social element.
Find out here how your LMS can have a social life after all.
7. Kineo Pacific: LearnX show report, HRIZON 2012 preview, Kineo Jazz down under…
Our Kineo Pacific team have had a busy time of it – we share their insights from the recent LearnX show and Kineo Jazz event - find out what Jazz and e-learning have in common (it’s not what you think).
Read the LearnX show report here.
Read the Jazz Event show report here.
Also we look ahead to the HRIZON event in Melbourne on September 26th and 27th - come and meet the team (they’ll be on stand 101).
Read the event preview here.
8. Introducing Kineo in 2 minutesKineo is the leading rapid e-learning specialist. Our goal is to help you accelerate performance through rapid e-learning. We’ve partnered with some of the best organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors including 7 FTSE 100 companies. See an excerpt from our client list here: Kineo Clients.
We can help you with:
- Strategic Consultancy
- We work with clients to develop strategic approaches to rapid learning and performance improvement.
- Rapid E-learning Development
- We develop and deliver fast, focused and effective rapid e-learning solutions.
- Rapid E-learning Support
- We provide a range of additional support services including podcasting, resource placement and tools procurement advice.
- Rapid Capability Building
- We help develop capability in your e-learning team to ensure they can develop and deliver the rapid e-learning and performance solutions you need.
- Hosting and Delivery
We provide rapid, cost-effective solutions through tailored and hosted learning management systems.
The Kineo Newsletter
This is a regular newsletter published by Kineo.
If you have any queries please get in touch.
Don't miss another edition
Subscribe to our newsletter using the form below.