You know that we’re all about goal-based scenarios at Kineo. Let people do things, make mistakes, get support. So as in life, so it should be in e-learning. Find out in this snappy new one minute animation how to do it.
1. Start with a goal: Create goals that matter to the learner, stimulate them towards achieving a goal.
2. Tell them about the scenario: Give them authentic resources such as documents and viewpoints. Also get their attention, maybe an angry voicemail from a customer.
3. Present decision options: Give them equally plausible options, don't write distractors.
4. Show what happens: Demonstrate the consequences, make it memorable. If they get it right, go straight to the next decision point. Only coach if they make mistakes.
5. Take it further: Help them learn from their mistake. Provide useful learning which could be advice from an expert or a useful tutorial.