Traineeships unlock the great potential of young people and prepare them for their future careers by helping them to become work ready. They are an initiative that provide the essential work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an apprenticeship or other job, often even referred to as ‘pre-apprenticeships’.
Traineeships are delivered by training providers and funded by the government, with employers providing the valuable work experience placement and interview as part of the programme. It is a great way of developing young people and creating your future workforce if you're not quite ready to go down the full apprenticeship route.
Where we can help
The City & Guilds Kineo traineeship offer is unparalleled in the market, bringing together innovative elearning and online tools to manage and monitor work experience and the widest range of qualifications available.
Our new traineeship programme consists of the following core elements:
- High quality work placement
- Work preparation training – gaining employability skills
- English and Maths
How we can help
Our offer is built on the strong foundations of City & Guilds Kineo workplace learning and offers both learners and employers a range of benefits:
- High brand recognition of City & Guilds as a mark of excellence in vocational training to support your business
- A full suite of qualifications and units at Levels 1 and 2 in a range of vocational areas, designed to fit a range of traineeship programmes
- Guidance and support on providing and managing high quality work placements
- Access to online courses and materials which will help prepare the learner to take their first steps into employment in their chosen industry e.g. Food Hygiene
- An extensive range of online materials and qualifications to help learners gain the Maths and English skills they need to be successful at work
If you are interested in co-creating, testing or helping develop these much needed traineeships in the workplace, let us know - we'd love to hear from you.
Find out more...