As an employer, from the moment food is delivered to the moment it's served you need to ensure that it is handled correctly and hygienically by your employees.
As an organisation working with food, you need to take responsibility for the actions of your employees and the food they handle, serve or sell.
In December 2014, new legislation came into effect across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland requiring food businesses to provide allergy information on all food that is sold unpackaged. There are also changes to existing legislation on labelling allergenic products and pre-packaged foods.The aim of this new legislation is to provide information to customers who need to avoid certain ingredients due to allergies and intolerance.
The EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation 1169/2011 will have a big impact on businesses dealing with food, making the need for up to date training all the more important.
Our EssentialsPlus Food Safety & Hygiene module will teach your employees about food safety and hygiene in the workplace as well as improving their knowledge on food contamination, hygiene and allergens. The module is made up of 3 bitesize sections; Food Safety and You, Food Contamination and The Workplace.
The assessment for each section consists of randomly selected multiple choice questions. If learners don't meet the 100% pass rate, they will be taken back through the specific areas that they have struggled with using our Guided Revision functionality.
Our Food Safety & Hygiene course has been reviewed by Learning Light, a leading research-led elearning company. When reviewing the course they said:
"...our evaluation found the materials to be of excellent quality... The materials are well designed, aligned to the catering industry and follow the learner realisation approach by putting the learner at the centre of the course as the narrative unfolds."
-David Patterson, Learning Light
After completing Food Safety and You, your employees will be able to:
- Explain the importance of food safety procedures, risk assessment, safe food handling and behaviour
- Describe how to report food safety hazards
- Confirm the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety, including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Describe effective personal hygiene practices, for example protective clothing, hand washing, personal illnesses, cuts and wounds.
On completion of the Food Contamination section, your staff will be able to:
- State the sources and risks to food safety from contamination and cross-contamination
- Explain how to deal with food spoilage
- Describe safe food handling practices and procedures
- Explain the importance of temperature controls when dealing with food
- Describe stock control procedures
- Discuss common allergens and the effects they can have on the human body
- Understand the consequences of failing to comply with food legislation.
In the final section, The Workplace, your employees will learn:
- How to keep the work area and equipment clean and tidy
- How work flow, work surfaces and equipment can reduce contamination risks and aid cleaning
- The importance of pest control.
Accredited Off-the-Shelf Elearning
Adding value for your learners, this course is certified for Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and has been commended by City & Guilds.
Want to see more? Sign up now for your free trial and we'll be in touch shortly. Alternatively, download the full course brochure below.
Register For a Free Trial of the Elearning Courses