Great people are the heart and soul of Kineo. We're always looking for enthusiastic and lively individuals who share our passion for creativity and delivering great customer service.
We strive to be the employer of choice in the learning industry, and to support our team with personal and professional development throughout their Kineo journey.
Why work for us?
As part of the City & Guilds Group – a global leader in skills development - we're able to offer award-winning benefits and career opportunities to match.
As well as a competitive basic salary and generous, flexible benefits scheme, we offer a great working atmosphere in a friendly and supportive team. You’ll be working on challenging and interesting projects with the freedom to think creatively and innovate. And we’ll provide learning and development opportunities throughout your Kineo journey.Find out more about working for Kineo
If you're interested in freelance opportunities, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our global headquarters is in Brighton, UK but we also have offices in London, Sheffield and across the globe. Please choose your region from the following to see the current vacancies:
The jobs listed on this page are US-based roles, suitable only for those eligible to work in the US.
Kineo is looking for the right person to join our team as a Solution Consultant. As a Solution Consultant, you’ll be responsible engaging new clients and expanding relations with existing ones.
Day to day you’ll be the person who works with existing and prospective clients to understand their challenges and goals. You’ll work with our team of Learning Consultants, Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and PMs, to put the ideas together for how we can best partner to meet those challenges. And then you’ll present the proposed solution to win the opportunity to make it our next new project.
It’s a sales role, but with a small “s” - you will be expected to grow our business, but we don’t want ‘traditional salespeople’. We want someone who is passionate about learning and technology, and has firsthand experience of designing, developing, managing and implementing solutions. In exchange, Kineo will support you through marketing and sales to generate prospects so you can focus on building relationships and guiding our clients.
People thriving in this role at Kineo today include experienced eLearning designers, former clients, former project managers, and consultants with a flair for selling solutions.
- You’ll need to be confident, credible and able to hold your own with senior stakeholders in conversations around solution development, the e-learning and/or LMS market, design, delivery, and technical solutions.
- You’ll be great at communicating, both in proposals and pitches and client meetings and at tradeshows and marketing events.
- You know the e-learning and/or the LMS industry well, and will have relationships within it.
- You’ll be great at building relationships with clients and making them feel loved.
Kineo is a market-leader in the eLearning industry. We’re growing fast and are busy expanding our global presence. Our motto? ‘Stirring things up’ – we love doing what we do!
Kineo has been providing learning solutions for over ten years and part of City & Guilds for almost five. We help the world's leading businesses and organizations improve performance through learning and technology, providing a wide range of world-class learning solutions. We partner with clients all over the world, with offices in the UK, APAC, South Africa and the US.
email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Kineo US is looking for passionate and experienced learning designers to join our team in a contract or full-time capacity.
In this role, you are responsible for leading the design on select client projects, helping to uncover the project needs and goals, the learning objectives, and audience personas. You define the learning approach and project design that maps to the project scope and budget, captured in high-level design documents that often include wireframes or sketches to communicate the learner experience.
You collaborate with the Art Director and Technical lead from both a design and visual perspective to validate the feasibility of your design approach and to create a shared vision for the design.
On some projects, you also lead the content acquisition with clients and create or oversee the creation of detailed design documents that map the content to your design more concretely. You also oversee the creation of scripts, ensuring the tone and style maps to the client’s brand and audience.
- At least 5 years experience leading design on e-learning projects
- Experience conducting training needs analysis and curriculum design for corporate clients
- Proven instructional design skills
- Experience designing for Storyline, Captivate and similar tools; experience with designing for MOOCs, interactive video, HTML5 frameworks a plus
Where you shine
- You’re great at working with clients
You can command a room, with an authentic and inviting quality that makes clients love working and collaborating with you. You know how to ask the right questions to get below the surface of the problem, and you listen before you jump to solutions. You act in a consultative manner to guide clients and to help them be a better partner for us.
- You’re well-versed in interactive, action-oriented learning solutions
You’re experienced primarily with an e-learning environment, but you’re comfortable extending that thinking into other modalities like interactive video, workshops, or anything else that might enter the mix.
- You’re a team player
You care about project timelines, budgets, and making sure that everyone on the team has what they need to fulfill your design vision. You proactively communicate project risks and readily volunteer when you have time to lend a hand. You can command a room, with an authentic and inviting quality that makes clients love working and collaborating with you.
- You’re an articulate, creative writer
You know how to breathe life into the most boring of content. You have empathy for the learner and speak to them, not at them. Our work, after all, is all about making learners’ lives and jobs easier and more enjoyable. You also know how to guide other writers who might be working with you to develop scripts.
- Some travel may be required
- Full-time applicants must be Chicago-based; contract applicants preferred to be Chicago-based but will consider remote applicants
- Must be willing to occasionally work to different US and International time zones.
Contact Ashley Reardon with your resume and work samples. Work samples must include design documentation that illustrates and articulates your design approach. Screenshots of the end product are also helpful. Samples can be “scrubbed” for sensitive material or shared via a web share session.
- To lead the effective design and delivery of client training for Totara, Moodle and other solutions developed by the Learning Platforms team.
- To capture client requirements, design & configure solutions to meet these and work with project teams to ensure these are implemented as designed.
- Provide implementation ownership/leadership and ongoing consultancy throughout the project lifecycle to ensure the solution delivered meets the clients’ needs
- Provide sales support, as needed.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
Training: (approx. 40%)
- Carry out training needs analysis to accurately capture client training requirements
- Design custom training plans to meet the needs of each client and to enable the training to be delivered within budget
- Develop and maintain good quality generic training materials to support client training
- Deliver professional face to face and webinar training to Kineo clients to enable them to make effective use of their LMS
- Deliver client training for standard as well as custom work as part of the implementation process
- Maintain in depth product knowledge, keeping up to date on new products and new product features and sharing this knowledge with other team members.
LMS implementation: (approx. 40%)
- Work closely with clients to understand and capture their detailed requirements
- Design fit for purpose solutions to meet client requirements, through configuring standard and custom functionality
- Create clear and engaging documentation to help communicate solutions to clients and internal stakeholders
- Configure client sites in line with the documented requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent project knowledge
- Work closely with other team members to provide a great customer experience and resolve any issues that may arise swiftly and effectively
- Work in partnership with PMs deliver profitable projects, for example
- o by proactively managing your time on a project
- o identifying potential scope creep
- o liaising with developers to ensure accurate pricing of custom functionality
- Help develop and maintain client Custom Administration Guides
- Actively contribute to our team working culture by sharing and supporting others
- Provide ongoing consultancy to help clients get the best out of their LMS.
- Write minor functional specifications, when necessary
- Provide ad hoc support to Client Services and Sales teams as needed e.g. answering client queries via support tickets, carrying out demos etc.
Sales Support: (approx. 20%)
- Provide platforms sales support, including but not limited to:
- o Sales demos
- o Support sales requirements gathering, when necessary
- o Configure and maintain sales demo sites
- o Support sales team in completing RFIs/RFPs
- Experience designing and delivering IT/software training to internal or external stakeholders
- Experience delivering Totara/LMS training
- Leading client workshops and requirements gathering
- Working with external clients and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Working to agreed budgets and timescales
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent client facing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Training need analysis, design and delivery
- Requirements capture and analysis
- Intelligent solution design, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good time management, the ability to multi-task across multiple projects and prioritise effectively
- Able to write clear, concise and effective documentation
- Learn new technologies and techniques quickly and easily
- Highly motivated, well organised, self-starter, articulate and persuasive when under pressure
- Indepth knowledge of Totara configuration
- An understanding of the common areas of Totara customisation
- A broad understanding of Learning Management Systems and other formal and informal learning technologies (desirable)
- A high level understanding of learning and blended learning
- An understanding of the broad service offering across the CG Kineo business
- An understanding of websites and basic web technologies
Please send your resume to Adria Maston.