Great people are the heart and soul of Kineo. We're always looking for enthusiastic and lively individuals who share our passion for creativity and delivering great customer service.
We strive to be the employer of choice in the learning industry, and to support our team with personal and professional development throughout their Kineo journey.
Why work for us?
As part of the City & Guilds Group – a global leader in skills development - we're able to offer award-winning benefits and career opportunities to match.
As well as a competitive basic salary and generous, flexible benefits scheme, we offer a great working atmosphere in a friendly and supportive team. You’ll be working on challenging and interesting projects with the freedom to think creatively and innovate. And we’ll provide learning and development opportunities throughout your Kineo journey.Find out more about working for Kineo
If you're interested in freelance opportunities, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our global headquarters is in Brighton, UK but we also have offices in London, Sheffield and across the globe. Please choose your region from the following to see the current vacancies:
The jobs listed on this page are US-based roles, suitable only for those eligible to work in the US.
Are you committed to building quality code and on-going personal development? Kineo is in the business of learning and we love to help our clients solve their most challenging performance goals. We’re looking to add a full time mid-level developer to our growing team in our Chicago, IL office. Day to day you’ll be customizing open source applications to meet client requirements. Most commonly, you’ll use Moodle and Totara. Moodle is an open source Learning Management System (LMS) and the most popular LMS in the world. It has over 70,000 registered sites and over 63,000,000 users. Totara is a custom distribution of Moodle. It's designed to meet the business needs of corporations, while delivering the benefits of open source software.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- System integrations
- Building custom/bespoke plugins
- Enhancements and bug fixes
- In addition, you will consult with the Technical Manager to help design and deliver solutions that will align with the current web technologies and trends. You will have an opportunity to get involved with the open source communities and to help improve worldwide tools.
Skills & requirements:
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience developing pragmatic solutions to requirements
- Proven ability to produce good object oriented code and MVC programming
- LAMP development experience, including PHP5, GIT, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Linux
- 3 to 5 years of development experience
Desired skills & experience:
- An understanding of HR functions, such as training & development, and performance management
- Experience with Moodle and other learning management systems and/or open source solutions
- Working knowledge of eCommerce solutions
- Knowledge of PHPUnit Testing
- Drupal Development
- Familiarity with Unbuntu as a development environment
- Functional and technical specification writing.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with Developer/Technical Consultant in the subject line.
Kineo is looking for the right person to join our team as a Solution Consultant. As a Solution Consultant, you’ll be responsible engaging new clients and expanding relations with existing ones.
Day to day you’ll be the person who works with existing and prospective clients to understand their challenges and goals. You’ll work with our team of Learning Consultants, Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists and PMs, to put the ideas together for how we can best partner to meet those challenges. And then you’ll present the proposed solution to win the opportunity to make it our next new project.
It’s a sales role, but with a small “s” - you will be expected to grow our business, but we don’t want ‘traditional salespeople’. We want someone who is passionate about learning and technology, and has firsthand experience of designing, developing, managing and implementing solutions. In exchange, Kineo will support you through marketing and sales to generate prospects so you can focus on building relationships and guiding our clients.
People thriving in this role at Kineo today include experienced eLearning designers, former clients, former project managers, and consultants with a flair for selling solutions.
- You’ll need to be confident, credible and able to hold your own with senior stakeholders in conversations around solution development, the e-learning and/or LMS market, design, delivery, and technical solutions.
- You’ll be great at communicating, both in proposals and pitches and client meetings and at tradeshows and marketing events.
- You know the e-learning and/or the LMS industry well, and will have relationships within it.
- You’ll be great at building relationships with clients and making them feel loved.
Kineo is a market-leader in the eLearning industry. We’re growing fast and are busy expanding our global presence. Our motto? ‘Stirring things up’ – we love doing what we do!
Kineo has been providing learning solutions for over ten years and part of City & Guilds for almost five. We help the world's leading businesses and organizations improve performance through learning and technology, providing a wide range of world-class learning solutions. We partner with clients all over the world, with offices in the UK, APAC, South Africa and the US.
To apply: email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Function: Client Services
Location: Chicago, USA
The Technical Consultant (Client Services) acts as a key escalation point for the Client Services team, ensuring technical questions and code bugs are resolved as quickly as possible. They work directly with the rest of the Client Services team primarily to upgrade and optimize production code. Other responsibilities will include fixing, securing, and amending current production code functionality. They do this with a constant focus on positive business outcomes, innovation, efficiency, best use of technology, continuous improvement and collaborative cross-team communication.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Perform minor and major upgrades for the clients' production instances in accordance with the best practices set by the organization
- Provide programming/coding support to the Client Services operations
- Provide bug fixes and enhancements for the clients' production instances code
- Understand and make a proactive contribution towards maintaining and improving in-house documentation and policies
- Manage time effectively to ensure tasks are actioned and resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible, including timely updating of your tickets and timesheet
- Ensure a keen focus on self-development, staying abreast of latest software developments and programming best practice.
- Advanced-level PHP 5 (we write object oriented, MVC based code but maintain legacy procedural code)
- MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Client-side web languages e.g. HTML/CSS/AJAX/jQuery
- GIT version control
- Familiarity with Ubuntu as a development environment
- Unit testing (PHPUnit or other)
- Working knowledge of Moodle/Totara
Skills & ability
- Problem solving and analytic skills
- Charismatic, outwards-focused working style
- Love of multi-tasking – able to move between complex tasks quickly
- Strong customer focus and mentality, with natural ability to work empathetically
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Commitment to self-development
Awareness of open source software and online communities (desirable)
Kineo is a global leader in providing cost effective, rapid, custom elearning, learning portals, and learning management systems (LMS) to the worldwide corporate market. Our latest innovation is responsive elearning, which works on all devices through intelligent design. Our clients include Google, Apple, Pepsico, Nike, Kronos, Tesco, Nikon, Marks & Spencer, Bridgestone, Abbott, Capella University and Kohl’s.
To apply for this role, please email email@example.com
The role is in the project management team, which specializes in project management across all divisions but also supports operational processes.
Location: Chicago, USA
Job purpose: To support the project team in the successful delivery of projects and operational process and reporting.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Under the direction of either the Director of Operations or Project Managers, monitor and ensure project data and information is accurate and up to date
- Ensure project documentation and associated materials are well maintained and readily accessible to all key stakeholders
- Workflow management
- - Ensure key tasks are allocated to the appropriate person and have been completed by the agreed timescales
- - Monitor and track assets
- - Monitor the management of tickets and detailed production issues to ensure they are brought to a timely and satisfactory resolution
- Liaise with client to ensure they are kept up-to-date with logistical matters and act as a point of contact in the absence of the Project Manager for queries
- Coordinate the provision of third party services such as audio recording, video photo shoots and translation as required within project budget and schedule
- Manage delegated aspects of project management as required
- Ensure any identified risks to project delivery are flagged to the Project Manager
- Support the Project Manager in the coordination of the project team and clients including the setting up of meetings, webinars, circulating materials and reports, providing ad hoc support for bid activity
- Under the direction of either the Director of Operations or the Controller, support organizational operational processes for the financial success of the business
- Experience of planning and coordinating events or activities
- Experience of liaising with customers
- Experience with Webinar software
Skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan and prioritise in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi task
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- MS Office
- Awareness of and comfort working with technology
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the commercial impact of decisions
- Experience of working in a commercial environment
- Competent with Microsoft Project
- Experience working in a digital environment
Kineo US is looking for passionate and experienced learning designers to join our team in a contract or full-time capacity.
In this role, you are responsible for leading the design on select client projects, helping to uncover the project needs and goals, the learning objectives, and audience personas. You define the learning approach and project design that maps to the project scope and budget, captured in high-level design documents that often include wireframes or sketches to communicate the learner experience.
You collaborate with the Art Director and Technical lead from both a design and visual perspective to validate the feasibility of your design approach and to create a shared vision for the design.
On some projects, you also lead the content acquisition with clients and create or oversee the creation of detailed design documents that map the content to your design more concretely. You also oversee the creation of scripts, ensuring the tone and style maps to the client’s brand and audience.
- At least 5 years experience leading design on e-learning projects
- Experience conducting training needs analysis and curriculum design for corporate clients
- Proven instructional design skills
- Experience designing for Storyline, Captivate and similar tools; experience with designing for MOOCs, interactive video, HTML5 frameworks a plus
Where you shine
- You’re great at working with clients
You can command a room, with an authentic and inviting quality that makes clients love working and collaborating with you. You know how to ask the right questions to get below the surface of the problem, and you listen before you jump to solutions. You act in a consultative manner to guide clients and to help them be a better partner for us.
- You’re well-versed in interactive, action-oriented learning solutions
You’re experienced primarily with an e-learning environment, but you’re comfortable extending that thinking into other modalities like interactive video, workshops, or anything else that might enter the mix.
- You’re a team player
You care about project timelines, budgets, and making sure that everyone on the team has what they need to fulfill your design vision. You proactively communicate project risks and readily volunteer when you have time to lend a hand. You can command a room, with an authentic and inviting quality that makes clients love working and collaborating with you.
- You’re an articulate, creative writer
You know how to breathe life into the most boring of content. You have empathy for the learner and speak to them, not at them. Our work, after all, is all about making learners’ lives and jobs easier and more enjoyable. You also know how to guide other writers who might be working with you to develop scripts.
- Some travel may be required
- Full-time applicants must be Chicago-based; contract applicants preferred to be Chicago-based but will consider remote applicants
- Must be willing to occasionally work to different US and International time zones.
Contact Ashley Reardon with your resume and work samples. Work samples must include design documentation that illustrates and articulates your design approach. Screenshots of the end product are also helpful. Samples can be “scrubbed” for sensitive material or shared via a web share session.