Great people are the heart and soul of Kineo. We're always looking for enthusiastic and lively individuals who share our passion for creativity and delivering great customer service.
We strive to be the employer of choice in the learning industry, and to support our team with personal and professional development throughout their Kineo journey.
Why work for us?
As part of the City & Guilds Group – a global leader in skills development - we're able to offer award-winning benefits and career opportunities to match.
As well as a competitive basic salary and generous, flexible benefits scheme, we offer a great working atmosphere in a friendly and supportive team. You’ll be working on challenging and interesting projects with the freedom to think creatively and innovate. And we’ll provide learning and development opportunities throughout your Kineo journey.Find out more about working for Kineo
If you're interested in freelance opportunities, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our global headquarters is in Brighton, UK but we also have offices in London, Sheffield and across the globe. Please choose your region from the following to see the current vacancies:
The jobs listed on this page are US-based roles, suitable only for those eligible to work in the US.
Are you committed to building quality code and on-going personal development? Kineo is in the business of learning and we love to help our clients solve their most challenging performance goals. We’re looking to add a full time mid-level developer to our growing team in our Chicago, IL office. Day to day you’ll be customizing open source applications to meet client requirements. Most commonly, you’ll use Moodle and Totara. Moodle is an open source Learning Management System (LMS) and the most popular LMS in the world. It has over 70,000 registered sites and over 63,000,000 users. Totara is a custom distribution of Moodle. It's designed to meet the business needs of corporations, while delivering the benefits of open source software.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- System integrations
- Building custom/bespoke plugins
- Enhancements and bug fixes
- In addition, you will consult with the Technical Manager to help design and deliver solutions that will align with the current web technologies and trends. You will have an opportunity to get involved with the open source communities and to help improve worldwide tools.
Skills & requirements:
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Experience developing pragmatic solutions to requirements
- Proven ability to produce good object oriented code and MVC programming
- LAMP development experience, including PHP5, GIT, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Linux
- 3 to 5 years of development experience
Desired skills & experience:
- An understanding of HR functions, such as training & development, and performance management
- Experience with Moodle and other learning management systems and/or open source solutions
- Working knowledge of eCommerce solutions
- Knowledge of PHPUnit Testing
- Drupal Development
- Familiarity with Unbuntu as a development environment
- Functional and technical specification writing.
Please email your resume to email@example.com with Developer/Technical Consultant in the subject line.