Totara LMS is an open source platform co-developed originally by Kineo UK, Kineo Pacific and Catalyst IT. We collaborated to create what we believe is a game-changer in the LMS market. It’s built on Moodle, the world’s most popular LMS – with a comprehensive and growing set of features for business.
Benefits of Totara
Value for money
If you already have a proprietary LMS the chances are you think you’re paying too much. We agree. Totara is an open source LMS and there are no per user licence fees.
Totara offers the key features and robustness you expect from an enterprise LMS, and some further innovations besides.
We believe Totara is up to 80% more cost-effective than other LMSs because we have extended the open source Moodle platform to be specifically aligned to the needs of workplace learning.
Totara has all of the rich functionality of Moodle plus additional features to allow you to:
- Align competency structures to job roles and learning resources and courses
- Create individual development plans to manage staff performance and development
- Sophisticated audience and group management to ensure the right people receive the right learning
- Give managers the ability to review and manage their team's learning
- Manage all of your training including full classroom management and webinars
- Track and prove completion with sophisticated reporting
- Customise the look and feel – we’ll brand it the way you need it
- Support social learning with social learning features including wikis, blogs, forums and more
- Recognise and reward achievement using certification and now Open Badges
- Embed your performance management process, including 360 appraisals
As co-founders and a Platinum Partner, We've developed more Totara LMS implementations than anyone else. Our Totara clients include tactical, subject specific implementations through to full-blown enterprise LMS. Here are just a few examples.