Welcome to the digital learning world
Shaping the future of learning
If you didn't think so before now, you only have to look around you to know we're well and truly in the realms of a digital learning world. We're seeing learners expecting more mobile, personalised experiences and budget holders expecting more bang for their buck whilst still getting learning that's adding value to the business.
There's been quite a lot of change that's happened pretty quickly. But what impact (if any) is it having on your organisation?
Welcome to the Digital Learning World
- 200% more learning technology in use since 2010
- By 2016 the elearning industry will be worth $51.5 billion dollars
- 23% of employees leave jobs due to lack of development and training
- 45% of organisations now support BYOD (bring your own device)
What does this mean for your learning?
- 93% of organisations are already using elearning courses
- 70% of the device market will belong to smartphones by 2017
- 52% of HR directors are massively interested in gamification
- 1/3 of organisations are increasing L&D team size and budget
4 tips to instigate change in your business
- Encourage sharing and peer learning with social learning platforms
- Show your learners from love, by providing widely accessible, multi-device learning at the point of need. Extra bonus if you support BYOD.
- Make learning shorter, sharper and easier to digest, supporting increasing demands of employees
- Channel your inner gamer. Games aren't just for kids; gaming mechanics in learning can be extremely effective in corporate training environments.
- E-learning Market Trends and Forecast 2014-2016 Report
- National Research Business Institute
- Penna 2015 Gamification Research Report
- Towards Maturity: Modernised Learning Delivering Results (2014)
If you want your digital learning technologies to add business value in your organisation, download our 2014 Learning Insights report.