Food Safety and Hygiene Elearning
As an organisation working with food, you need to take responsibility for the actions of your employees and the food they handle, serve or sell.
In December 2014, new legislation came into effect across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland requiring food businesses to provide allergy information on all food that is sold unpackaged. The aim of this new legislation is to provide information to customers who need to avoid certain ingredients due to allergies and intolerances.
The EU Food Information for Consumers Regulation 1169/2011 has a big impact on businesses dealing with food, making the need for up to date training all the more important.
This 165-minutes elearning course focuses on food safety and hygiene. The training is split into three bitesize modules; Food Safety and You, Food Contamination and The Workplace.
You'll learn about the importance of food safety in the workplace and improve your knowledge of food contamination, hygiene and allergens.
Whilst the course can be taken as stand-alone learning, it is recommended learners complete the remaining sections of the Food Safety and Hygiene EssentialsPlus programme to gain a full understanding of requirements and responsibilities in the workplace.
After completing all three elearning modules your employees will be able to:
- Identify and report safety hazards correctly
- Confirm the legal responsibilities of food handlers and food business operators
- Explain the importance of personal hygiene in food safety, including its role in reducing the risk of contamination
- Handle food correctly and maintain effective personal hygiene
- Understand food contamination risks and identify food preventions to reduce the risk of food spoilage
- Understand the importance of pest control.
Want to see more? Sign up now for your free trial and get instant access to all EssentialsPlus courses.