Health and Safety Elearning for Hospitality and Catering
Health and Safety is important in all workplace environments, but we know the hospitality and catering environments present a unique set of risks.
Most workplace risks can be avoided through management and supervision, combined with effective training for employees. Implemented properly, these elements can help to reduce costs and wasted time and effort for businesses.
This 195-minute Health & Safety for Hospitality & Catering training is made up of four bitesize modules; Roles & Responsibilities, Risks, Hazards and Incidents & Accidents.
You'll learn about how to handle incidents and accidents within the workplace and how to identify risks and hazards. It will also explain the roles and responsibilities that exist when working within a hospitality and catering environment.
Whilst the course can be taken as stand-alone learning, it is recommended learners complete the remaining sections of the Health & Safety for Hospitality & Catering EssentialsPlus programme to gain a full understanding of requirements and responsibilities in the workplace.
After completing all four elearning modules your employees will be able to:
- Outline employer’s and employees’ duties relating to H&S at work as well as understanding the consequences for non-compliance to regulations
- Outline the requirements for training and the correct way safety information should be communicated
- Define the terms hazard and risk
- Outline the process for carrying out a risk assessment and explain how they are used to reduce accidents and ill health at work
- Describe how hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace or the environment
- Describe the principle of risk control hierarchy
- List examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards.
In the Risks module, your employees will be able to:
Want to see more? Sign up now for your free trial and get instant access to all EssentialsPlus courses.